Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back after a long time away

I just realized that I have not posted anything since March...shame on me.  A lot has been going on in our world. I am teaching classes at two Michaels stores - Gastonia and Park Road in Charlotte.  I have also completed the jewelry certification for Michaels and will be filling in on beading classes at Michaels.  I have three people in my evening acrylic class tonight at Michaels in Gastonia.

On Monday nights I am meeting with some ladies and we are each working on our American Barn Quilt (Eleanor Burns).  Getting close to having the top finished and proudly, I will say that I feel good about my quilt.  Not perfect but good.  The colors are primarily lavender and greens on a white background.  Of course the barns are brown made from fabric that looks like wood.  Also have some animals appliqued in the barnyards and some trees in the backgrounds.  Trying to get a good photo so I can post.

Still teaching at the YMCA in McAdenville on Thursday mornings where I have a great group of ladies enjoying the fellowship and lessons.  They are all doing great with their acrylic paintings.  Currently we are working on poppies in a copper pot.  This has been a fun painting to do and I think that everyone will agree on that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment