Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update in February

Can't believe that I haven't posted since September.  How time slips away!  Since that time, I have been able to rent a booth at B & B Antique and Artisan Mall on West Franklin in Gastonia, NC.  I still have some items at Heritage Mill Antique Mall on Spencer Mountain Road in Ranlo, NC. Then I also have painted items and some other things online under Family Footprints on Etsy.com and Shophandmade.com.

I haven't even been teaching painting lately...seems like I haven't been doing anything lately but going to the doctor.  On March 6, I will be having knee replacement surgery so I will be out of action for several weeks after that. I am not looking forward to the surgery or recovery however, I am looking forward to the post recovery time when my knee functions normally and without pain.

Over the last several weeks, I have been using my creative abilities to put together a quilt.  The pattern is a Bargello pattern.  When I started cutting out the fabric to piece the quilt, I began to realize just how many little pieces I was going to have to sew together to create this quilt.  I am making it for a king size bed so that equates to hundreds of little pieces sewn into a quilt.  Quilting is an act of dedication.  I have been cutting and sewing for about three weeks and am not quite half way through piecing the top. I was hoping to get the quilt together and ready to quilt before I had surgery, then I could do some of the hand quilting while I am recovering.  We will see if I can get it together by then.




No comments:

Post a Comment