Thursday, November 18, 2010

Working on my Art...Slowly

Since my surgery, I have made good progress toward recovery according to the doctor and PT.  Unfortunately, it is a long road to full recovery, about 12 weeks.  I have been working in both oil and acrylic...trying to paint with left hand.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have worked on a portrait of a beautiful brown horse.  I really know very little about horses, except they are beautiful creatures.  The portrait that I did is from a photo that was taken by an internet friend.  I think that the portrait is coming along nicely however, it still needs some work.  Still needs some highlights and work on the mane.  So far, I feel good about what I have created in oils.  I would like to get some commissions to paint.

I have also painted, all in oils, portraits of a brown Labrador (our grand dog), cocker spaniel, German Shepard, and  still working on a long haired dog.  I originally painted the cocker spaniel in acrylics but did not like the result so I repainted in oils.  I like the look much better. As I look at each portrait, I can see that each one needs some work...we are our own worst critic but that is how we improve our work.  I posted photos of each portrait to Facebook.

In December, I have scheduled an acrylic landscape class at Michaels.   I also worked on a sample for that class.

Maybe I will have time to work on these again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment