Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Morning

Lately the mornings have been very cool and feel great however, by afternoon we are in the 90s in North Carolina.  Makes you want to see spring or late fall again.  We try to get out in that cool early morning air to work outside then sneak into the house and air conditioning in the afternoon and evening.  That's not always possible though.  My wonderful hubby and I have been trying to work on our yard and outside the house for awhile.  Getting rid of the weeds in the flower beds, adding mulch, planting some flowers, cutting grass, cutting grass, cutting grass...getting rid of old stuff we don't use or need anymore are just some of the things we have been doing outside.  Inside we have removed wallpaper from all rooms...bathrooms and kitchen and painted.  Although our house is only about 14 years old, it really needed a face-lift.  Changed the cabinet knobs and hinges from tarnished and abused brass to pewter and brushed nickel.  Now some of the cabinet doors don't line up and can't close.  Still have to work on that in the kitchen.

Yesterday, I spent painting...not painting on a canvas but painting around the windows on the front of the house.  We have a lot of windows as they are all the way across the front of the house. Luckily the overhang shaded most of the area where I was painting.

All this house and yard work is interfering with my art time in any form.  I have a sunflower table runner in process of quilting.  I still have to put on the last side of the outside border on my American Barns quilt.  Then there is my painting.  Lately, I have only had time to paint stuff for teaching...  I need some time to paint just for fun.  Maybe this weekend, I can squeeze in some time for finishing my sunflower table runner, finishing the top of my barn quilt and painting something other than windows.

I also need to spend some time on my Etsy store and my website...I am going to try.  We will see!    

1 comment:

  1. Its so hard to divide one's self into all the little compartments of life! Try to stay cool!

    ReplyDelete