Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tuesday Art - Sewing

Spent the day Tuesday at my sewing machine - my art form.  I created a pin cushion with a thread bag which attaches with a button.  I also started cutting out pieces for a tote bag to sew but soon realized that I did not have enough material in the contrasting color to sew it together.  Then I cut out pattern pieces to make a pillow.  Felt like I accomplished a lot of things.  Still have a sunflower table runner to finish quilting.  Finally, I finished putting together the top of the American Barns quilt that I have been working on each Monday night in class.  Now I have to decide whether to quilt it myself or have it quilted by someone with a long arm quilting machine.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.  It seems that I have so many projects in process however, I am trying to finish some between working on the stuff we have identified that needs to be fixed or cleaned in the house.

My husband looked at the pin cushion last night and said "is that all you did all day?"  He does not realize how long it takes to be creative.  He took his truck to the Chevy dealership and had the air conditioning fixed then cut the grass.  Guess he could more clearly "see" things that he did.

To finish the tote and other stuff, I need to go to Mary Jo's Cloth Store again.  It seems that I go there one to two times per week.  If you have never been there, you are missing an experience.  Mary Jo's has been around over 50 years.  I remember my mother dragging me around there when I was a child and we came back to NC to visit.  She always had to go to Mary Jo's to get material...all the way from FL.  Today you see tags from many different states when you pull into the parking lot.  The store is in a different place and much larger now and doesn't smell like it did (fabric had a terrible odor years ago).  But Mary Jo is still working on the floor every day.

Later this morning, I am meeting my business partner to move around and consolidate some stuff in our consignment booth at Heritage Mill Antique and Designer Mall.  We have lots of moving stuff around to do.  That's always a job.  Guess my creativity today will be re-arranging our products for sale at the Mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment