Sunday, July 10, 2011

Yesterday Website Update

Yesterday I spent hours working on my website which I have neglected for tooooo...long.  I am not a developer nor an IT expert, so I spent a great deal more time relearning how to make updates than I should have.  Frustrating! But as a small crafter, I cannot afford to hire someone to manage my website.  Unfortunately, because of my struggles I did not get as much updated as I needed.  So, I will spend another day working on the website.  Since I have recently been making more effort to make contacts and promote my business, I really must get these updates made.  Again, balancing all the pieces of my life.

I was able to finish sewing a small tote bag early yesterday morning.  Very cute!  I was following a free pattern which seemed very simple.  Either I did not read the instruction carefully or the instructions need to be updated.  I put all the pieces together then tried to turn the bag...whoops...the straps were on the inside between the lining and outside...don't laugh...it could happen to anyone!  So I had to tear out some of my stitching and figure out how to put the two pieces together so the purchaser could have the straps to carry the bag.  I will post a picture.  Finally, I determined what I had done and made a note on the printed instructions.  Love the colors in this small tote bag.

Back to working on the website today and probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment