Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Morning and the Weather is Cold and Windy

Happy Monday Morning!!!  As usual got up early this morning and pressed the start button on my coffee pot...walked away to let Dakota out and came back to get my coffee.  When I looked again (not being so sleepy this time), the coffee pot on light was lighted but there was no coffee brewing in the pot.  Like, the light was on but no one was home...  I thought OK Judy, don't panic.  So I pressed the button to turn off the pot and waited a few seconds then pressed the button again.  Doing the same thing twice sometimes works, doesn't it?  Waited a few minutes and still not coffee being produced in the carafe.  Went through the same actions again with the same results.  So next I unplugged the the pot and waited.  Plugged it in and started the process again.  Same results, no coffee dripping into the carafe.  Same process again with same results.  Oh no, no coffee this morning!!!  What do I do?  A thought started forming...instant coffee... While the water was heating up in the microwave, I suddenly remembered that we have a new coffee maker in the garage that we bought months ago because it was on sale.  Mixed my instant coffee and took a sip then started down to the garage to find the box.

After much searching, I located the box and brought it upstairs to the kitchen one step at a time.  Next began the process of cleaning everything so I could make coffee in this new Mr. Coffee.  After about an hour of trying with the old coffee maker, the instant coffee and cleaning the new Mr. Coffee I was ready for a fresh pot of coffee.  Next challenge was to install a new filter but I could not get the filter holder to close securely.  Finally success!!!  As I pushed the button to start the coffee brewing, Robert came into the kitchen...perfect timing!  Now we have a new coffee maker and a fresh pot of coffee.

How was your Monday morning?   

No comments:

Post a Comment