Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Jewelry Experiences, Another Form of my Art

Spent the day on Friday creating some jewelry.  This is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time and finally have enough material and tools to create.  As with my painting and quilting, I purchased a book and just dove in learning as I go.  I really love the wire wrapped jewelry and started creating some of those.  I made 9 pair of earrings on Friday.  I had already created two bracelets and a few necklaces previously.  Creating jewelry is challenging, just like creating a painting from a blank canvas however, the finished piece is very rewarding.

I will be expanding my Etsy shop, Family Footprints, to display the jewelry.   Creating is just the first step.  Now I must update my inventory database with a description, determine a price and then take some creative photos. Sometimes the creative part is easy, it is the "backroom" administrative stuff that takes so much time and effort.
These things must be done though to promote any product.

Robert and I took my free standing "L" shaped display up to the Heritage Mill Antique Mall yesterday.  I hung some of my portraits, both pop art and oils on the lattice.  Hopefully this will help promote my paintings and portraits.  I still have to make a sign with information.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment